Saturday, December 30, 2017

Epic 30k Table


We got in a little learning game of epic 30k last week, and despite lots of rules questions, I am sold on the game. Epic 40k has an almost Bolt Action feel to it, which I really like. The ability for units to go on overwatch really changes how involving a game can be. Suddenly fire lanes matter, and properly positioning forces requires skill. Sure, it can be played fast and loose, without relying on supporting elements, but I suspect players who play that way will quickly grow frustrated at the lack of momentum they are able to maintain with their forces.

This is a good game.

Terrain-wise, I think thing the quality of the mechanics and miniatures is going to dictate that a new table be constructed. I might start with this existing table as a base, and just clear of the stinky resin pools. Alternately, this table could go to the table graveyard that is my storage unit, and wait for the day when we can have two or more epic tables in play at the same time.

8 comments:

  1. I've always thought that Epic looked like a really cool game. Never got a chance to play it though. I'm hoping the re-release will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be. If it isn't then it will at least provide some new models to the community supported EA version.

      Delete
  2. That is truly EPIC. Great job on the terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Next table will be better. I've having to change the way I think about terrain at this scale. I'm pretty happy for a first version though.

      Delete
  3. OMG. That is super. Now I'm officially jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of the people who got the FW Grey Knights and Tau for epic before it died. Those are some incredible models.

      Delete
  4. Excellent table! Epic is a good game although I’ve not played it for the best part of twenty years. Hopefully GW will release infantry and tanks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shareit install
    shareit
    shareit download
    shareit app
    I've having to change the way I think about terrain at this scale. I'm pretty happy for a first version though.

    ReplyDelete