Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Emperors's Children Basing



 
I wanted my EC Contemptor Dreadnought to be wading forward under a volley of fire across the ruined cityscape of Istavaan III. With all the purple on the dreadnought, I needed to work in a Sons of Horus marine in pale green. I wanted this to look like he was killed facing the same front as the honorable dreadnought. I like to think that the weight of the marine's body broke the cement as he was flung backwards.  I imagine these guys fighting on, honoring their oaths to the emperor, but feeling the crushing betrayal of their Primarch fathers and legion brothers. I am really getting into the story behind these purple and green loyalists. I think there are a host of modeling opportunities of the loyal remnants helping each other out. I am already planning a mini joint command squad. I think an EC medic helping a SoH veteran would look really cool. 

So. Is the base too bland, or does it complement the vastly too detailed dread?

4 comments:

  1. Looks good John!

    I always feel that for a detailed model, a simple base is better, so this will work well for the Dread. Have you thought about coloring? Something bone would work well, I think. And lots of layers of various washes to add the shading : )

    See you Sunday.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you guys have got me beat. I am sure of it. Ah well. See ya on Sunday. I'll have my Dreadnought and Ork Nob and for now I am calling myself done. Post going up today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Tim, I'm keen to see your SW Dread, and your Ork already beats my Sci-fi Single.

      Cheers
      Dave

      Delete
    2. I really want to see your stuff Tim. You have me beat in many ways. I am looking forward to seeing tau from both of you.

      Delete