Sunday, July 21, 2013

Armor Test Scheme


I wanted to try something different this afternoon instead of jumping right back to titan painting, so I decided to crack open IA Vol 1 and see if there were any IG schemes to try. I decided on a DKoK scheme and pulled out a spare LR piece to see what it would look like. What you see above is the result. I was eager to see how well the flash card template would work, so I did not shade the base coat.     I think I missed an opportunity by not shading, but I added a lot of other techniques that seem to work.  I planned to add some dry and some wet mud to the tracks, but that will wait till I have cleaned enough off my desk so mud splatter does not inadvertently hit other models.


I think the scheme is too busy, but I don't hate it.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great. I think what is throwing you is the soft fade on the hard edges of the pattern. It's doing it's job too well and actually breaking up the model - which is great for real life, but less so for minis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know what is wrong. This makes it hard to me to see the details, which I know camo is supposed to do. Maybe I just don't like camo. It is a shame because I wanted to do a show piece, but at the same time, I want to be able to see the model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lovely job you've done there. If you wanted to give it that extra edge of picking out the details I might suggest a layer of purity seal over the base, then a layer of hairspray then the camo print. This way you can flake off the camo in areas you feel are hiding your detail. then locking that down with another thin layer of purity seal then the oil wash, weathering etc. or from this point just dabbing your base colour back on with a sponge where its got a bit too strong. Now get back to the titan so i can seethe with jealousy.

    ReplyDelete