Monday, June 20, 2011

Heroes of Armageddon Devil Dogs



At long last, the two Devil Dogs part of the Steel Legion army being constructed under Dave Taylor's leadership are under way. My plan is to bring these to the Armies on Parade contest this Saturday at the Springfield VA GW store. I think they will look right at home nestled in between my AoP Blood Angels armor.

I am not sure about the tracks though. I used water to try and dilute the weathering powders and I ended up with a glue like substance. The good thing is that it should wipe off fairly easily if it looks too bad when dry. My plan is to wipe these down, and then use a graphite pencil over all of the edges once they are on the tank.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried using turps/white spirit to mix with the weathering powders. That's what I generally do. I always apply a protective coat of varnish beforehand, but I'm not sure that's necessary. Bit paranoid! The vehicles look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, H2O won't work with weathering powders. White Spirit will work fine though

    ReplyDelete