Monday, March 29, 2010

Why Speed Painting? More Termagants and Warriors of Course!



Since I am huge Blood Angles fan, here are some WIP Tyranids! I have never played these guys, so I have no idea why I am madly painting the army. As I think about it, I don't think I ever played the first edition tyranids that started this for me. So why all the speed painting? I have no idea. My rationalization is that I am really practicing my speed painting skills by working on the gazillion tyranids necessary for a list. The problem is that now I feel compelled to have a list. A side effect of this is that all of these tyranids are filling up my shelf space.

Back to the most important thing, gun color. I tried foundation yellow and foundation brown on these guys, and think I will standardize on the three colors I have painted so far. Brown for the weird christmas tree guns, yellow for the warrior guns, and orange on whatever gun the regular gants have.

3 comments:

  1. Not bad at all, I'm no good at speed painting. Everything always takes me longer than I think it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really quite exceptional standard for speed painting. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could speed paint this well. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete