Thursday, January 12, 2017

2017 Hobby Desk Cleaning




It has been a long time since I last posted. One of the reasons for that, besides endless travel, was the state of my hobby desk. My workspace had become terrible. Believe it or not, the photos above are of my cleaned workspace. It is not completed, but the paints are at least in racks. Imagine how it was before! Having a clean workspace is motivating. It also helps to get some of those long suffering half painted miniatures sitting on it completed. So, my goal is to finish my 1/72 scale British paratroopers by COB Friday. Once they are done, I'll have a clean slate for painting, and a clean area to do it in. (ok..it is going to take a few more days to completely de-clutter the desk, but this is pretty good all things considered!)

12 comments:

  1. Looks like an effective clear up! Where did you get those paint racks??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are Ammo by Mig paint racks that I found on Amazon. I'm still looking for some that fit GW paint. Once I have three of those, I'll have all of my paints in easy reach. Though to be fair, I don't know where anything is at the moment!

      Delete
  2. That paint rack is batshit crazy in all the right ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of paints! Glad I'm not the only one spring cleaning, just identifying all my to-do pile so this year I can get some of that cracked! (There is a lot...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what I wouldn't give for a space like that and that many paints! Of course, then I'd need the ability to use them all properly of course...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Subjectively, your workspace is immaculate. Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY JOHN IS POSTING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

    Get your blog relinked as well john!

    natfka@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never get tired of looking at paints ... nice collection of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. This is only half of it. I have 300 pots of GW, and my oils, and then my Humbrol enamels! I tend to paint with maybe a dozen paints at any given time, so these racks are kind of insane.

      Delete
  9. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    I wanted to thank you for these websites! Thanks for sharing. Great

    AC Market APK

    ReplyDelete