Monday, April 22, 2013

Two Thirds of Dreadnought Talon Complete






After a month away from home, I finally got the chance to do some painting this weekend. I now have enough painted and magnetized arms to configure my two Contemptor dreads as needed. I really just needed something easy to paint, so I knocked out the weapons as a way to get myself used to painting again. I really think the blues will go nicely with my Sons of Horus and Emperors Children. I'd like them to look like they are fighting as part of the same campaign.

As great as it is to be  home, I just found out I have to travel overseas again for another two weeks. (immediately after a family vacation!) The next two weeks may be the only time for me to paint, so I think I am going to focus on Ultramarines. Perhaps I should finally finish that LS Storm.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, despite being Ultramarine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue hue of your Ultra's. Great stuff, nice dreads - I love Contemptors, especially Mortis Pattern Contemptors. Why no Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons for 2x Hvy6 rending fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last dread in the talon will be the commander, and will have twin Kheres assault cannons. After all three are complete I will dust and dent them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very very nice there. Really great poses on them too.

    ReplyDelete