Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Badab War Fire Hawk Test Mini





I put down the first base coat for my first Fire Hawks marine last night. The hawks have a pretty demanding paint job, so I had to rely on the air brush to help with the first layers. I have quite a bit of work to do, including more flames, and then targeted washes to tone the whole mini down. I thought the base coat looked pretty interesting, so I thought I should share it with the community. Hopefully once the washes are on I will like the scheme. I am going to keep painting chapters out of IA 9/10 and will periodically post them up if they are not too terrible.

8 comments:

  1. I love it. You could stop now and I'd be happy with that scheme. It looks very cool, a step away from the usual chapter paintjob and hearkens to an older day in the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, wow! It would have to be my favourite scheme in the book but easily the most difficult to replicate, you have done a sterling job!! That marine looks amazing so far, are you doing the shoulder pads next?

    Come join the Badab Vets Hobby Group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do the shoulder pads, but I have failed twice at painting the hawk/phoenix logo. I think I may print up some transfers and just try to match the red. I need to spend some time on the legs, basically painting the flames in reverse by adding red into the top. I just need to get some good designs, so designs like the right knee cap don't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. It really does. Now if only the Fire Hawks weren't such jerks in IA9! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! That's such a good paint scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Great job on the kneepads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking good Drath.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that looks fantastic, can't wait to see a unit or too!

    ReplyDelete