Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tau Ethereal & Shadowsun




I know Tau Ethereals are supposed to be poor units, but I love the way this model looks, and am going to be hard pressed to not field him every time I get the chance. I have no idea why this model stands out to me so much, but it is a must have. Commander Shadowsun is so-so at the moment. I have her based, and am ready to start adding some more detail. I plan to add both blue and dark red to the model somehow, though I Have not figured out how yet.

5 comments:

  1. While I don't share your love for the ethereal model, you certainly painted it well. I particularly like the soft blending on the hooves and the tabard. One critique: is he finished? His eyes looks like they need some additional coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure he is complete. I was planning on painting a design on the bone colored cape and paint his eyes white. I am really pleased with the blending, and I am worried I may mess the model up if I keep pressing forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never fear. If all goes completely down the pan you can always strip it and start again. I know if sounds harsh but I have found that you always do a better job the second (or third) time around.

    Ethereals will be good in the 40k one day. It's just that no one knows when that day will be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are two shadowsun's to inspire you. Ans then there is a shadowsun mini I converted, that you might get some posing ideas from.

    http://www.coolminiornot.com/167019

    http://www.coolminiornot.com/127392

    http://wolfspyrle.blogspot.com/2009/07/tau-shaso-xv-21.html

    ReplyDelete