Sunday, February 26, 2017

Ancient Chimera Refurbishment Project WIP 1









Yesterday I drove down to Richmond Virginia to attend my first IPMS convention. I entered models in four categories, and placed in all four of them. I'll do a more detailed post on that tomorrow. In the mean time, I think I should share another refurbishment project. This time I am repainting my only Chimera from my original Imperial Guard. Like the Griffen, this tank was grey, with Necromunda hive markings. In these photos the tank has gone through the first phases of weathering, and is awaiting decals, streaking, and touch up work. It is hard to image that this kit has traveled with me for more than 20 years. The paint is thick, the glue is bad, and none of that impacts my love for this little AFV.

6 comments:

  1. Well done mate, will look forward to finding out how well you placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your placement John. Well deserved as always! Some day you gotta make it up to adepticon so you can showcase some of your pieces there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't tell to look at it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats man ! .. all the refurbs are coming along awesomely 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a chimera. Have you got a pict of the ol' necromundian colour scheme ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not. I have some original IG in the scheme though. They have light grey fatigues with back and white tiger stripes. Their helmets are silver with a white and blue stripe down the middle. All of the armor pieces are dark grey. It was a pretty funky scheme, but I still like it.

      Delete