Friday, March 7, 2014
The Knight Titan walks! (albeit for a short time since I expect it was destroyed on Istavaan III along with all of the other loyalist forces in the Warmaster's army.) There are so many details to still put on the model, bot in terms of little bits not yet glued, and areas to paint. However with so much painted I couldn't resist dry fitting it together and taking some photos.
I had intended to have the shield completed, but after painting it green with white stripes I noticed that I had painted them the wrong direction. It looks a little weird on the model. It won't take long to repaint, but it is disappointing. The last thing I need to do is create more work no this model, when I have a load of areas awaiting touchups already.
I've said it before, but I can't wait to weather this model.
Thursday, March 6, 2014
The basic colors are finally done on the torso. Definitely some caveats here though, since many areas need significant touch ups. My goal was to get the basics done so I could assemble the model, and then go back and clean up and shade lackluster areas. After that I have transfers to add followed by pin washes.
So the big oops is not knowing the orientation of the shoulder pads. I painted the personal heraldry on the wrong one. Maybe I can justify this as a 30k thing? There are going to be Sons of Horus Legion symbol on it proclaiming that this knight swore an oath to the warmaster during the great crusade.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
I've added some color to the armor of the Imperial knight. The idea is to tone down the flashy knight colors and go with a scheme that will work well with my Sons of Horus army. There is a load of work to do, including repainting the view screens, and tightening up the panel lines, but this guy is starting to come together. I am really looking forward to adding rust, oil streaks, and grime streaks to it.
Sunday, March 2, 2014
I picked up an Imperial Knight today along with the rest of the GW community. The model is fantastic, but it is missing a cockpit. Since the hatch is removable, It seemed a shame to build it without adding interior detail. So after a quick raid of my bits box, and a few minutes with a dremel, I was ready to go. Using my Warhound titan as a reference, I added a command throne, sensors, pipes, hoses, and other random equipment. Not much can be seen through the opening, but it does look cool.
*Edit --I added some shots of the interior as seen through the hatch. It is easier to see in person than capture with the camera.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Hopefully this will convince my friend to start a heresy era force. Using this robot just for Malifaux would be a crime!
*edit just added fresh oil to all of the hydraulics and pistons. It makes a huge difference!
Sunday, February 23, 2014
next steps.....purit seal, then more work on the metallics. The legs will get dusted with graveyard earth paint (or whatever the new one is called) and he'll be added to a scenic base.
Friday, February 14, 2014
- Figure out if I can remember the paint scheme (Royal Purple, and Violet Red tried here)
- See how AK Interactive dark brown oil wash and streaking grime would look.
- Try out sponge weathering to see if it would improve both armies
- See if Steel Legion Drab paint and Green Earth weathering powders would unify the model.
I am on the fence about this. I've been watching a bunch of Mig Jimenez videos and reading his books and I think I might be falling back on well known techniques rather than really pushing my painting.
There are a few things that would be different on a real and not test piece. The insets would likely be painted in the white-grey color on my SoH pieces, and there would be gold detailing as befits a vehicle from the Emperor's Children. The while would help show off the weathering, and the gold would provide the purple<->yellow contrast providing visual interest. ->
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Any army shot of the force was requested, and I am happy to comply. There are a lot of unfinished models in here. Paint chipping, grime streaks, and dust have not been added to all of the units yet. The Storm Eagle and the Drop Pod will look quite different once I apply those techniques.
Fourteen ravager bodies arrived in the mail yesterday, so now get to decide if they are going to be built as ravagers, or as a large tac squad. My goal was to build this up to a playable force, then add the Emperor's Children(purple) and Imperial Army units (mint cream color of ramps and interiors of vehicles). I am eager to paint up some more EC's so the original color balance is reached, but that would push a playable force back considerably.