Saturday, October 17, 2009

Photos of Weathering Using Pigments, and Pencils







I have had these tanks for a while, and have been using the forger world Model Masterclass Volume One for my weathering techniques. I started the chimera tread weathering last night, and have not decided how far to take it. I thought I had used the same mixture of pigments, rust and dust, but the tracks look really different. If only I had built these models better originally! Maybe that is the thing with weathering, since it is primarily a texture thing, maybe it is even more important to clean up the model prior to painting. I really hadn't thought of myself as a model builder, but more of a painter until recently. With the no holds bared use whatever works style of forge world I am really digging the modeling experience. I still have not used any of these tanks in a game. On the Oni aquila rating scale I give the FW pigments a 4.5 out of 5.

4 comments:

  1. Your paintjob is just excellent. Really, I envy your style and precision. Awesome stuff. Just became a follower so keep it going. One thing: maybe green stuff the seam on that barrel...
    Mike
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have been an addict of Santa Cruz Warhammer for some time now. The photos really highlight the ugliness of that barrel. What do you think about covering the seam up with gauze.? The Model Masterclass book has all of that painted gauze in it that just looks fantastic, thought they add it before weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tanks, I think you did a great job, & I'm really getting sold on that MASTERCLASS book now that I see the results you're achieving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great. I'm going to have to get some of those weathering powders.

    ReplyDelete