Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grey Knight Dreadnought





I am in some kind of rush painting today, and just randomly tackled the grey knight dreadnought that I converted from the AoBR set. I also speed painted some guardsman built out of random old bits mixed with the new Cadian set. I am not sure if anyone else gets this way, but I think I pressed on with my painting when I should have stopped. The paint is quite thick in some places, kind of a departure. On the other side of things, I did enjoy just slopping the wash on the imperial guard. Sometimes it just feels good.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, great dread conversion! I'm going to be starting on my own GK dread in the near future, so I'm insanely jealous that yours is already finished :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just about finished it now, and I think it is starting to look pretty good. The grey knights will support my IG army, which is predominantly mud, dark yellow, and green, so they provide contrast. I tried to use the same color red on the GK as on the guardsmen to add cohesiveness.

    The conversion was really simple. I am surprised at how different the dread looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dreadnought looks good. It's a nice conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the red on the Dreadnought. It's a nice break from the silver you usually see them covered in.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, nice work on the conversion.

    I am a new 40k player and I would like to do the same conversion could you give me some tips on the basics of this conversion?

    ReplyDelete