Tuesday, October 20, 2015

World Eater Rampagers (Updated Photos)















I tried to make these guys look a little bit less savage than the models really are by using soft blues, and green-grey colored whites. I also tarnished a lot of the brass parts on the armor so all of the extra spikes did not show up so much. I know these guys are supposed to be wracked with pain, and overcome by the urge to kill, but there was a point before they completely fell to chaos. I'd like to think that my painting pushes them a little bit back from that edge. The chain axes are blue mimicking the blue axes I painted for Angron.

I must apologize for the photography, I'll update this page when I find a way to take better photos.

7 comments:

  1. These look great! I'm a fan of the light blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muted look does look good on them, the soft blues and off white work well. The only thing I would like to see is a little (not over the top) blood splatter to make them pop and show they really are driven to attack, but that is a personal thing rather than a criticism.

    I do love the look of those axes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added blood. It looks wonderful! Thanks for the great idea.

      Delete
  3. Awesome looking man .. The group image really looks slick 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The muted colors work brilliantly. And good work on the base of the main piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John - these look amazing, any chance you could share your white recipe? I am starting some World Eaters and yours are the best I have seen.

    ReplyDelete