- I need to have all special rules and main rule book rules on hand. This includes psychic powers. I am going to make a cheat sheet
- Just because my army can DS does not mean it needs to. I think I should have castled
- My bikes are glass, they shatter on everything. Best use them as last minute objective grabbers
- splitting a bike squad into two units of three, makes a single weaker unit even worse
- If I can't play to win, I should play for the draw
- DW are neither hand to hand, nor long distance fire support. I have no idea where they fit.
Monday, August 8, 2011
1st game in over a year
I played my first game in over a year yesterday against a really great painter, and an even nicer guy, shawn, over at Glaven.net. I brought the army above(yes in that sexy cardboard and tape movement tray), and he brought 2k worth of demons. I've never played demons, so it was thrilling to get the chance to play one of the essential fluff armies in the 40k universe.
Shawn's army ate mine. It was fun, I learned a lot, but I really think BA are more my style. Perhaps I do have to finish off painting troops so my BA force can be a contender. I was hoping that with the relatively small deathwing force that I was going to be minimizing the trouble of transporting them and then setting them up and playing. However versus 17ish units I just could not maneuver.
Since I was railroaded\d\d\d\d\d into playing in the NOVA (thanks jawa! :) I now have to train. I'd like to think I am Rocky in this fantasy, but really I am just training so my opponents can have relatively fast and fun games. Things I learned from game one of my training sessions.