Monday, July 17, 2017

Pox Walkers From First Strike Box Set

On Saturday a package from GW came in with the First Strike box set and an additional box of Pox Walkers. Had I known the miniatures were the same I would have only order the box set. The miniatures are just as interesting as those from the Dark Imperium set, but the edges are a little softer. Still, I really enjoyed painted them. I'm using a wet on wet method with generous amounts of wash. Pigments and blood splatter rounds out the miniatures. I'm very pleased with how nice these look in groups, and how well the miniatures contrast with the Plague Marines. (the newly released PM models are up next!)

7 comments:

  1. Very nice. Are these different sculpts from the starter box? I really like the palette you use one these. The only thing that sticks out a bit is the orange/rust. It kind of looks like deep red gloving metal rather then rust. Perhaps add some metallics to give it a tie back to the un-rusted state. Just on the edges were the rust would be rubbed off? Especially on the chain mail that would be in constant motion. Otherwise, superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are from the 2nd starter box, not the main starter box. These came with new Primaris and Reaver sculpts. The chain mail will need a little buff with metallic pigment just before I base them to make it look real. I did go a little hard on the orange rust this time around. Who knows what the 2nd and 3rd batches will hold!

      Delete
  2. You are a painting machine! They look suitably Grim dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love these miniatures! I want the opportunity for a someone to enjoy a desperate Alamo like battle with hordes of zombies marching forward. I think that would be epic.

      Delete
  3. They look like they'll all blend in with each other - the two sets you've done. Iffuture sets are in the same vein and you stick to the scheme - that'd be a lovely great big hoarde of sickening filth to confront your enemies with. hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking nice! I love how many different takes I've been seeing on the Poxwalkers. Looking forward to getting mine next weekend and seeing what I can do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome! Would you share how you have paint them?

    ReplyDelete