Saturday, August 29, 2015

NOVA Open Narrative Event Model







I was lucky enough to receive the NOVA Open 2015 event model from the man himself, MVB. Using the only artwork I've seen for these guys, I tried to paint the Virtue in various dark metallics with blue overtones towards the face. One of the things I like about the model is the scale. It looks closer to 20mm rather than 28. I've thought heroic 28mm was too large for a while. After getting into Bolt Action and painting Perry Brothers Miniatures I find it hard to like heroic scale. Smaller scales mean there is more space to maneuver making battlefield terrain more important. If you like this model, then I think the nova store will be selling them. I challenge our community to upgrade the piece to show the marine winning the fight. Seriously who wants humanity to loose!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! Excellent tones all around. Cool to finally see a painted version of the model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. There are definitely some rough patches on it, but at normal resolution I am happy with it. the marine was the best bit prior to the alcohol/pigment bath I gave him.

      Delete
  2. I'm always a huge fan of your use of powders to create a story within an environment and tie the characters and pieces together. It's amazing and someday I'm going to spy on you while you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursday sometime between 3:00 and 5:30 you have the opportunity. I'll be painting in the speed painting competition.

      Delete
    2. I know! In the middle of my tournament!

      Delete
  3. Nice man.. very cool. Excited that it's only a few days away.. also terrified it's a few days away! haha. .. Are you all finished up or in the final rush like most of us? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not finished. I have to do paint chipping on 30ish Krieg and then do decals and oil streaks. I may paint up another entry for the capitol pallet. I've wanted to paint a 1/72 Stug Zug for a while. Let's not forget the time needed to relearn 40k as well! :)

      Delete