Saturday, August 1, 2015

Death Korps Of Krieg Combat Engineers With Powder



I just added weathering powder to all of the armor plates on my Death Korps combat engineers. I like the effect, but it did wipe out quite a bit of detail. So the question is whether or not I add powder to all of the armor plates on the Death Korps. I could try to limit the amount of powder added on the next batch as a compromise. Maybe these will grow on me. They did take an enormous amount of time to paint.

I apologize for the photos. My camera is having 'focus issues'. Definitely not the photographer's fault.

6 comments:

  1. Still looking good. Doesn't seem to have hidden much detail. Maybe a side-by-side photo would show a better comparison, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It basically nuked all of my shading. Only the mid tone on the armor is visible now. The dark recesses and the edges are dirt colored now. I also sprayed matte varnish on them that blue'd them a bit. I wish I could kick my vallejo matte varnish habit. That stuff is bad now, but I still use it instinctively.

      Delete
  2. I'll second 'Shades' comment - still looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you brush them off a bit once dry? or use some water and a damp brush to lightly remove a bit of it? I think it still looks great and will wipe off a bit with a damp finger if you haven't sealed it yet. Also if you are sealing them it may knock the effect bad some anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to remove the pigments (or reduce their strength) as long as John didn't fix them in place with fixer or a wash.

      The photos make it difficult to do a comparison of the pre powder and post powder to give good feedback though =/.

      Delete
  4. It's always the camera. ;) Good progress so far.

    ReplyDelete