Sunday, August 9, 2015

Krieg Centaur Assault Vehicle Color Schemes



I thought it might be fun to share my vehicle color scheme tests for the Death Korps of Krieg. My original color scheme, painted ages ago is the dark blue-green centaur, painted ages ago. More recently I've been painting ww2 German vehicles, hence the middle centaur, dressed in a dark yellow. My current favorite scheme is a desert brown, with military mint color for an interior. The only problem I see with it is that it does not pop on the table. The yellow scheme is noticeable. The brown scheme is subdued. With my troops painted in subdued colors I am just not sure brown has enough pop. So as it stands, my wife votes for the brown centaur on the far right. I have not decided between the brown and the yellow, and while I really like the swampy blue-green centaur, it is just too dark for the force. Any thoughts?

9 comments:

  1. I dig the brown scheme as well - it's a good intermediate tone between the green and the yellow. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I would be more partial to the original darker scheme, I've learned that listening to the wife's opinion is usually the wisest possible choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue/green one matches your army a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some shots with the men next to the centaurs would aid the decision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take some photos tomorrow with troops in frame.

      Delete
  7. Listen to your wife. Just trust me on this one. Other options end messy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. John,
    Take some shots with your infantry by them, if you are worried about popping. I vote far right personally :)

    ReplyDelete