Friday, July 3, 2015

The Difference Oils Make







These models have had a single pin wash of oils at this point. Despite that, I thought it was worth sharing, since it shows how big a difference such a little thing can make. I think I could probably get these on the table at this point, but there are a few more stages that will make them look better. The next step, chipping, will be as big a leap forward. Once the models are covered in chips, a second layer of oils will be added. The final step is weathering powders. I love using powders and usually can't wait to get them on the model, but they really need to go on last.

I know SDKFZ 251s are not great in the game, but I think they add a huge flavor to the tabletop. With these guys coming to completion, I'll finally have an enemy for my Soviet and American forces.

7 comments:

  1. They look great.

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. That panzer just looks lovely John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. If you are heading down to Historicon, you have the chance to see it in person at the bolt action tournament on Friday. Greg, let me know if you'd like to borrow a Bolt Action army for the tournament. I've got a soviet force that you are welcome to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the offer John! I am in pittsburg this weekend, or would have considered going!

      Delete
  4. Great looking models! Hanomags might not be the most "efficient", but they give the army character. Ignore the haters and roll with what you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to keep them in the list. I just really like them. Every image I have of terrifying Germans advancing includes them. I've got to give my opponent that 'just killed a hanomag' feeling. :)

      Since you seem to know the game. What on earth should I do with these. The tournament is a boltaction .net v2 rules tournament that scales from 750-1000-1250. I might be confusing this with 40k, but can my troops fire out of the top?

      Delete
  5. Wow ... those vehicles look great. Smooth looking transitions too.

    ReplyDelete