I finished the mold for the roof, dormer, and chimney pieces yesterday and was able to cast up a bunch of buildings. The white resin makes it difficult to see the detail, especially the slate tiles on the roof sections, but I they do give a fair view of where the project currently sits. I've constructed 7 houses, and have 8 more all cast up, but not glued together. I am heading to Historicon tomorrow, so the houses will have to wait a bit before they are finished. What is next?
- 2nd story floors
- Roof beams for buildings suffering damage
- drain pipes (copper weathering looks really good next to stone)
- debris piles in corners of buildings
- Furniture for some of the buildings
- transparent plastic in some of the windows to simulate broken glass
- Wallpaper inside buildings that have visible interior walls
- finally painting.