Saturday, July 25, 2015

Death Korps of Krieg Unit Test



Thanks to everyone who has been making suggestions on the color scheme. I have painted as long as I can stand to paint today, and almost have a squad to share with you. It has been fun doing live updates like this, however I am spent. Loads of constructive input went into these guys. I included the melta gunner int the photo so you could see the progression. Most of the suggestions that went into improving that model ended up incorporated into the new color scheme. I may still paint up a squad in the darker brown color. I still kind of dig it, however I think the new scheme is much better.

Since I have to paint about a 100 of these guys, it is useful to paint up a test squad to see how difficult it would be. It turns out that I can probably kick out 1 squad every two days. The really killer is the webbing/leg wraps. Those take forever. I normally paint in silence, but for the big push I might need something to make painting all those wraps ok.

7 comments:

  1. The effort was worth it.

    (I painted my DKK vehicle fleet to sea shanties. No, I really did.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google that. That is hard core man.mtotally fits with the feeling though. I could spend ages on a single mini and get nowhere.

      Delete
    2. Well, most of the stuff I do is only half finished by the standards of most of the work in the blogosphere. However, on the scale I do it, it still looks OK. Fortunately I can occasionally get the whole lot out and do another stage for the entire fleet (or segments thereof).

      It's taken since 2008 so far, but it keeps me off the streets...

      Delete
  2. Those look fantastic! I suggest some BL audio books or maybe the black keys and some similar bands. Though Johnny cash is always good for a long haul. You kind of go into this trance when he's on and suddenly you are at your destination... with a lot of angry looking cops but still, you get there o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanging out with a top cop tomorrow. Better not get him mad!

      Delete
  3. They look awesome! I painted my DKK in a similar scheme (after painting it a blue scheme already - repainted the lot!!!)

    Looking forward to seeing the rest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the changes John! The extra bright flap and attention on the face mask of the melta gunner really let him pop!

    ReplyDelete