Sunday, July 21, 2013
Armor Test Scheme
I wanted to try something different this afternoon instead of jumping right back to titan painting, so I decided to crack open IA Vol 1 and see if there were any IG schemes to try. I decided on a DKoK scheme and pulled out a spare LR piece to see what it would look like. What you see above is the result. I was eager to see how well the flash card template would work, so I did not shade the base coat. I think I missed an opportunity by not shading, but I added a lot of other techniques that seem to work. I planned to add some dry and some wet mud to the tracks, but that will wait till I have cleaned enough off my desk so mud splatter does not inadvertently hit other models.
I think the scheme is too busy, but I don't hate it.