I have been painting a load of miniatures for the Armies on Parade contest, and decided to take a break and paint an all forgeworld squad as a reward for painting so much. first off, I am not happy with my work here. I am not sure where things started going wrong, but I struggled with every phase of the build. The resin on some of them was really molded poorly. Some of them were so badly aligned that I had to toss them aside and cherry pick from the units I bought. Some of the shoulder pads were not even fully cast. In terms of painting, I think I need to go back to pre-shading with grey before I put any red on the miniatures. Since blood red is semi-translucent, it works really well, and may help me avoid putting on too many layers of paint.
- The squad is split between running guys for the close combat squad, and standing for the missile squad.
- I love the older mark armors.
- Some of the red gradients turned out really good.
- Line the armor plates with black/darkflesh wash in order to increase contrast
- use weathering powders on their legs to blend them into their bases.