Friday, March 4, 2011

Corbulo WIP




Corbulo is a bit more gore red than blood red due to carelessness with my airbrush. Ron mentioned his techniques for shading red using tans instead of orange over on his studio blog. I think there is something to that. I plan on giving it a run with my airbrush at some point. I am committed to my current recipe for this army though!

In these photos he is a little wet, with some washes not dry, but I am pretty happy overall. I've found that I am not interested in painting chainswords these days, so I am going to have to do something to make painting them interesting again. When I think about what they represent, they should be amazingly cool, full of armor bits, blood, and bone. Mine look a little meh.

I reread the rules for Armies on Parade, and notice that forge world models are not allowed. That rules out the tactical squad I wanted to do using older mk armor. I love painting resin, and was really hoping to be able to paint a squad up for the new army.

2 comments:

  1. I used black ink, red ink, and water to make custom thinned washes to shade red. I also tried a half dozen different reds before settling on "Clotted Red" from the Reaper Master Series for my Khorne models.

    http://musksminiatures.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/painting-evil-dark-red/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really no Forgeworld??? I didnt see that! Must go back and have a look!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete