Monday, August 30, 2010

Resin Scenery




Some days I just feel like dry brushing. I cast this neat little scenery bit a while back when I was learning how to make my own stuff. After a disastrous home made wash, I put the model aside and left it sitting forlorn at the edge of my painting area. A little dry brushing of deheneb stone, and it is looking passible. I am considering sculpting my own ruined city apt blocks so the game has a war torn ww2 look. The best part of casting is that I can easily make piles of interesting building rubble.

Is there a piece of scenery that anyone would like to see made? I could make some custom buildings, bridges, or anything else easily cast in a one piece mold. I'd gladly make the best idea.

3 comments:

  1. Would love to see how you went about making the scenery and casing it. Its something im about to try myself and could use some pointers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make it happen. Any idea on what you would like to see me make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see you make a damaged bridge. Have you seen I, Robot? something like the broken brooklyn bridge thats in that film, of course not on that scale but you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete