Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Squad is Done!

I've finished my one and only Valhallan squad.I learned a few things with these guys. First off, I think I like subdued tones of the valejo paints more than GW paints. There are so many good color combinations, that recipes become pretty easy. Secondly, the fact that I standardized on red guns turns out to have been a really good idea from a force cohesiveness point of view. These guys fit right in with the rest of my guard army, even though they are wearing different uniforms and are slightly different scale. They even fit in with my inquisitional force due to that same visual link.

I am glad I don't have to paint 100 more of these guys, though I do have a squad of death corps that might need to be painted next. I can't wait to take a group shot of all of the different squads together.

8 comments:

  1. It always feels good to finish a squad off -- and your squad here looks great! Looking forward to seeing the larger group shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on a sqquad of each of the old regiments - as unique one offs mixed in, they are still really cool.

    Cheers for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting pretty excited about the group shot. I've got kraskin, death corps of krieg, and voystroyan squads to do before the group photo. It will be a couple of weeks before I am ready. I fear working with resin, so I have been putting the DK off! I don't have squads of tallarn, or mordian, but I am not sure I like those models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys look really great, and I like the color scheme a lot. Is it just me, or am I not seeing a special weapon in this bunch? Certainly not needed, but I was just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, and I would love to see the group photo if you painted all as great as these.

    Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on these. Can't wait to see the group photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, there is no special weapon. I bought these from the collectors section of the GW website, so there really wasn't much choice.

    I really appreciate all the feedback. I don't get much time to play the game, so the online community is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice squad and liked the colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete