Monday, August 22, 2016

Weathered










The German bust I am painting for NOVA is almost completed. The first round of weathering is on the model, which is great fun once started, but enormously stressful prior to committing to it. I am really happy with how the oil paints turned out on the wooden stock on the MG42. I will do a little more work weathering, and then clean up work, but this guy is mostly done.

The base was not planned. It was just a base I added for painting, but after dropping the figure trying to detach him, I think the base hast to stay. At least the position is reasonable!

8 comments:

  1. Simply stunning - beautiful work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Come take a look at it in person at the NOVA. I plan to spend a lot of time hanging out in the 30k area with Marc and crew.

      Delete
  2. nailed it! more like this, but chop him off that base and drill a hole in a plinth and glue that rod into it. It will look better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a plinth at the moment. If I can get one before the NOVA I'll do just as you said. The only benefit to the weirdly large base is that it protects the machine gun bipod. That thing breaks off if you look at it too hard.

      Delete
  3. John,
    I aspire to reach your weathering ability! Such stunning work! Brings a tear to this ork mek! Excited to see it in person in just a few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow.. I don't know what to say besides thank you!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete