Friday, August 12, 2016

1/10 Scale German Soldier







I've never painted a bust before, but I figured it was time to give it a shot and see how I liked it. What you see here are work in progress shots of a german soldier serving in winter gear. This guy is going to get a white-washed helmet with mud and snow environmental effects on his clothing. To complement that, I am going to give him a warm completion. Another thing I am going to play with is finish. Black leather parts will have a satin finish with matte worn areas, while his clothing will be ultra matte. I am looking forward to playing with the finishes.


(Yes, I see the giant mold line!)

6 comments:

  1. Yes sir! More of this! Welcome to hell with blending those skin tones. There is a reason steam punk Leia ended up green o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice man.. it's looking good. How's it feel to paint something so big? 8) I painted a Frankenstein for my Dad and it felt crazy having so much room to work with haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like I am painting a vehicle. I love being able to see all the detail which would normally be obscured on a 28mm model. I am learning a lot from the process, which surprises me.

      Delete
    2. Very cool 8) .. making me want to paint one 8)

      Delete
  3. Awesome John. You are really expanding your range this year! Excited to see how he turns out.

    ReplyDelete