Monday, July 16, 2012

Stormtalon Progress





Slow but steady wins the race! I've got two more Stormtalons ready for transfers, along with all three pilots. I am really looking forward to putting ultramarine icons on the left red shoulder pads of these guys. I might be because I never see the U on a red background.  I plan to take some nicer photos when these guys are weathered up and ready for the table. I think that probably means i have to build scenic bases.

This brings up the question. Should I start basing all of my miniatures on similar bases? With the allies rule, I can now mix and match pieces from my favorite armies for games or tournaments, but unfortunately my bases are usually only consistent across a single army. The allies change is just fantastic, especially for army painters like me. Now I can design a force that explicitly includes allies and end up with a more interesting narrative. I had planned to base my tallarn similarly to my Ultras, but now I think I will go for even tighter integration.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I think I like your Storm Talons with the wings on backwards! I may just do that with mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was by total accident. I put them together the way they seemed to go together and ended up with them like this. I've been staring at these so long that the normal Stormtalon wing setup looks odd to me.

    Are you by any chance related to the podcast? If so kudos!

    ReplyDelete