Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daemons So Far..



I completed a squad of 10 pink horrors, adding them to the 5 metal ones I had already painted years ago. since the models were so different I decided to paint them purplish to match the greater deamon. This way I have pink and blue horrors.  I'll try to get better photos of these, as the pink horror models are really quite nice. The Chaos Spawn models are a different story altogether....

I hated painting the chaos spawn. In every way I feel like I should love the models.

Pro-Spawn

  • They are Spawn!
  • They have spikes
  • They are fallen-fallen (sort of like twice baked potatoes)

Con-Spawn

  • The models are ugly
  • The joints between limbs do not fit properly
  • Details are poorly sculpted
  • They are huge, which amplifies the detail problems
  • There are really hard to paint because there are few distinct details. 
So how would I fix spawn? I'd put broken bits of space marine armor all around them, hanging off their tortured frames. If there were more to distinct areas to paint it would be easier to give the impression that these are space marines who failed the emperor, failed their legions, and then failed their chaos patrons. They are thrice damned! Thrice-baked potato, does that work?

1 comment:

  1. I like the bases of your miniatures -- they accentuate the paint schemes very well.

    Agreed about chaos spawn. I want to like them, I really do. At least the spare bits provide good conversion possibilities for other parts of chaos forces.

    ReplyDelete