While away on travel I received an order from forge world containing my first all resin kit. I've purchased upgrades before, so I knew I was getting into something difficult with this one. The valdor is supposed to be a venerated dark age of technology vehicle according to the books, and has a nice retro-ww1 tank meets 1950s robot future thing going on. My order contained a hydra-flak tank as well, but it just does not have the same visual interest as the valdor to me.
- look at instructions so you know what a piece is supposed to look like
- get two pots of water, one steaming hot, and one with ice water
- dip the resin you want to reshape into the hot water
- bend back into shape
- dip the re-formed resin into the ice water to set the shape.
- have wife walk into the kitchen and laugh at the gun barrel shape