Tuesday, March 16, 2010

hydra and leman russ pt 3: Rust and Details





I have been slowly tackling the rust on the tanks. You can see my orange wash around the hatches and edges of the turret. I have not moved on to powders yet because of the mess. I just can't bring myself to start that stage until everything else is done. There is a special equation that goes along with forge world weathering powders.

White Crate and Barrel Couch + Forge world weathering powders = impossible to placate wife!

My wife suggested that I go play a game of 40k this weekend in order to relax from a stressful week at work. I suppose an army list is in order. Shall I take out my deathwing, or show up with a lot of tanks. Both armies are easy to transport. Anyone game at the springfield va store?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful details and weathering so far! I hope you manage to get in a good few games with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might. I have a soft spot for the dark angles army I just painted, but the idea of firing that weird plasma gun sounds really cool to me. I've got 10 imperial guard tanks and one valk, so it could be a super-mech game for me. I am not sure what I could get into a 1500 pt list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way that you've used both the wash and the drybrushing to unify this camo color scheme. I'm also really taken with the details you've added to the Hydra. In the past, I've tended to overlook these in my own tanks. No more. These models are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tanks are coming along superbly. I love the Hydra in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I thought they were finished with your last post. These just keep getting better, excellent work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to game at a store in Chantilly, VA, until the local gaming club completely took over all the large tables. Now it's at friend's houses only....

    ReplyDelete