Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ruined Statue of Liberty Terrain








I've wanted to reproduce the iconic image of the Statue of Liberty ruins from Planet of the Apes for some time. It turns out that finding statue of liberty torches and heads is pretty difficult. I had this image of taking a statue and then adding all of the rivets and panel lines that can be seen close up. I thought that extra detailing would look really cool. Unfortunately I could not find anything but a statue of liberty mask that was the right size. So after copious layers of resin I had what you see here. I'm not happy with the contraction, but my faith in weathering powders was reaffirmed. A dash of secret weapon green earth and sewage did the trick. This won't go on my display board, but I think it will be pretty fun on a gaming table.

4 comments: