Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bits Boxes


So I've been wondering about everyone's bit boxes. Years ago I used to keep my bits all jumbled together in a plastic tool box. I have no idea how I ever found anything. Since restarting the hobby I have noticed that people have extremely organized boxes. I've been using plastic bits boxes from the Container store. Now I have three of these things filled with bits. My father actually brought this box back to Cambridge from Washington so I would have something to paint. How cool is that! He was able to determine that the case with 'bat wings' was not the right case to bring. I am so lucky my family supports this hobby. (my wife even painted a miniature once!)

5 comments:

  1. Got a box just like that. A tackle box with four of those containers actually.
    I'm a bit overdue to re-organize though... Got a shoebox full of bits sitting beside it. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is in a stand up case that has trays similar to this. Once you organise, you never go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took mine to the next level and am running out of space now.

    http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2009/02/bit-box.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too got a box much like this one to start organizing my bits in. Sadly, I have yet to build anything from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mines a stand up type of thing with small plastic drawers.
    I too once just had one box full of bitz, but once I started getting into other armies, it got very messy. XD

    ReplyDelete