Thursday, August 10, 2017

Bolt Action Panther WIP 2








The Panther is coming along nicely. I had some trouble with the spare tracks, but I think some dark washes will smooth them out a bit. The barrel of the gun needs to be reworked as well. Oil stains, and some more mud stains are still needed for the hull. I was thinking about trying to make tiny foliage branches for the model, but that might distract from the painting too much.

Will this model ever see the table top? Probably not. I do have a 'new' winter German force to paint that will eventually end up used for gaming. Most of my WW2 games are 1/72 scale these days, but I have a substantial backlog of 28mm models in the back log.

5 comments:

  1. And this is why I own a John Stiening Tank. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! There may be another big cat in your future.

      Delete
  2. Nice man.. I think those added details will really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about coincidence. I had just gotten myself a Tamiya 1/35 scale Panther Ausf. D to work on. Your colour scheme looks fantastic. I'm curios though. Did the colours exist for a particular tank division or was it just creative license? Regardless it looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just modulated dark yellow. I didn't put any division markings on so it could be anything. I'm still tempted to add some camo spots to late-war-ish it.

      Delete