Friday, July 29, 2016

What A Difference Paint Chipping Makes










After adding paint chips to the tank I took a look at it and knew it was done. I know that adding streaking grim and rust would have added to the model, but still I stopped working on the model. This was just one of those moments where I had to stop fiddling in order to preserve the paint job already on the vehicle. More work is coming, but that has to wait until I figure out what kind of additional stowage to add.

The next step in this model's life is a display base. Once that is in place and the model is grounded, plan to look at what kind of stowage I can add to the model and to the base in order to tie them together and make a more interesting scene. This is not meant to be a diorama though, so I need to be careful to not veer too much in that direction. It is tempting to add a group of SS walking alongside the tank wearing their splinter pattern camouflage jackets. I know the tank deserves the spotlight here, but it really looks to me like a background piece.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice man .. looking forward to seeing it on the display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work! It clearly demonstrates how important it is not to over do the weathering. An insight I should adhere to more often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do make a difference, nice going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best parts of Nova is getting to see all the John goodies in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind Greg. I may only have two entries this year though. My big projects are not finished(or even started) On the other hand, a month is a lot of time. I've been working on my 20mm buildings for Bolt Action. You'll see those soon.

      Delete
    2. Well I still haven't finished the deff dread for the charity army, so dave taylor is probably going to beat me up at nova, so I might be in a wheelchair....though a nicely weathered one!

      By the way, those knights take up so much time. There is endless capacity for detail!

      Delete
  5. Very nice work on the paint chips. Just the right amount without being too overwhelming i.e. realistic!

    ReplyDelete