Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Panzer IV at Arnhem







Our club's big game this year is operation Market Garden. I knew stug's were at Arnhem, but it turns out Panzer IV and Panzer IIIs were there as well. As a desperate defense by the Germans, the equipment was in heavy disrepair. I modeled these Panzer IV's accordingly. Each tank has some field repair or damage. I tried a lighter approach to my color modulation again in order to help the camouflage stand out a bit as well. Additional pigments are incoming, but for now, these tanks are ready for gaming.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning work on these! The weathering is spot on and the camo looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that. I think I may have over dusted the model, but I like the end result. I think these will look good rumbling through Arnhem chasing down stubborn brits.

      Delete
  2. Yes. The panel is supposed to be a rusty piece of unpainted metal. It could even be a factory fresh part that has just not been painted. The primer color for the tanks was an oxide red color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame I'm missing this battle as the tanks look fab!

    ReplyDelete