Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bolt Action Tiger and Puma









I've committed to changing my ww2 german paint recipe, and have nearly completed these two vehicles for my upgraded motor pool. The change drops the intensity of the yellow edge highlight, and moves all of the paints over to the Tamiya line of airbrush paints. There is a lot to be said for the vallejo paints, but I really like the color pallet provided by Tamiya. I think this is the base color scheme for the 1/72 scale forces I purchased for smaller scale Bolt Action games. 

Now these vehicles are not complete. They will be receiving either mud or dirt along the lower edges of the chases. I was hoping to have added the mud by now, but the mess that is my hobby area, has made it difficult to find all of the ingredients necessary. These aren't my highest quality vehicles, but sometimes I just need to paint something without worrying too much. 

In other news, I bought an SLA 3D printer. I plan to manufacture parts needed for a special build. I can't say much about it now, but over the next 6 months I'll post bits and pieces of it. The only hint I'll give, is that I have to model a 60s era radar mast. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow they look great, even 'unfinished'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that. Additional weathering is necessary to help make the paint chips and transfers sit further back in the visual plane. Normally I'd be super excited to do the tracks and wheels but this Tiger model has the most rudimentary tracks I have seen in a long time. Virtually no detail! Once I find my plaster I'll mix up a mud paste and go to town. At least I know I won't be covering up any detail! :)

      Delete