Monday, November 23, 2015

Epic Scale World Eaters





Continuing my trek in to all things Epic, I have painted the first part of my World Eaters legion force. I have so much epic in the painting queue that I had to just dive right in and get painting. This time around I did not bother to do panel shading on the models. (If you look at the thunderhawk below this post you can see what panel shading looks like if you don't already know) The question is whether it is as effective. I think the force looks good, but maybe it lacks the same depth as the Sons of Horus force. On the other hand, I takes so much less time to paint that I was able to get all of these done in a single evening.

13 comments:

  1. They look sweet even without the panel shading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on an Epic roll man 8) Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'm trying to paint these to a slightly better than club level. I hope the battle report is inspiring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John. John. You're killing me. I'm trying so hard to paint my Epic stuff. Stop painting everything dammit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it done! We can do an Old Line Massacre style narrative weekend! (We can let Marc organize it! :)

      Delete
  5. Whereabouts do you get your Epic models John? Your growing collection is inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly eBay these days. There are loads of custom models you can find on eBay and shape ways as well.

      Delete
  6. A whole army in a single evening...it is a different world. The WE look good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the only way to paint epic. The slowest part of the process is hooping up the bases with GWs crackle paint. Thank god for that stuff!

      Delete
  7. Amazing stuff. We will definitely have to have a game soon! Starting to decode the Epic Armagheddon rules...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really nice. I love the subtle colours and gathering in particular

    ReplyDelete