Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Even More Dwarves





Back from vacation, and it was time to knock out the last squad of spearmen and two banner bearers. I'm finally beginning to see the light of day on this project. It is much more satisfying when you can see a model based and gore/mud splatted at the end of painting, but for this project I am having to wait. I really want to move onto basing and environmental effects. The flags just look incomplete to me until they are splattered with mud and blood.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work, John - Those are some good looking stunties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice brush work - looking forward to seeing the finished force.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very realistic looking and loving the colour scheme on their shields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Do you know about the DC Hobbit League http://www.dchobbitleague.com/, or the Facebook site for North American Middle Earth SBG fans? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1834221536799012/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just go around to reading that you're painting them for someone else, so your gaming interests seem to lie elsewhere. Well, they still look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm painting these for a friend, but I will give the game a go before I ship these over the pond!

    ReplyDelete