Monday, February 4, 2013
Thunderfire Cannon Techmarine
I finished this guy up in between episodes of Breaking Bad this evening. The casting was so terrible on the shells and manipulator arms that I tried to use heavy washes and rust pigments to cover up the detail loss. I am not sure it worked, but I think the guy is kind of cool. the weapons up top have spongy feel, and a really fluffy surface. I used heavy doses of paint on them hoping it would fill in all the little holes. No such luck.
For photos I tried was using a photo booth instead of just snapping shots ad hoc as usual. I'll have to experiment more with it since it will clearly enable better photos going forward. The light was a little harsh this time around, but once I get the hang of it I hope to be producing better photos.