Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First Full Ultramarines Squad







After a spell of uncertainty with regards to my painting, I am really happy with how my Ultramarines are turning out. As some know, I've been planning on this Ultramarines force for several years now, which has probably added a great deal of unnecessary pressure. All it took was a wash of weathering powders on the original bases, and I am excited again. I am especially excited to paint up some scout bikers to go on those biker bases in the last photo. (I know I need to actually finish painting the dread! first!)

This will be my first full SM force since my Blood Angels, and ti think it will play really differently with all of the weird SM codes goodies I've purchased. My rule for purchasing for this this army was to buy everything I have never painted and work it into the force. That means I have a thunderfire cannon, ls storm, scout bikers, and whatever the chunky dreadnought is on deck.



5 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying watching these come together - they really look awesome! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I've gotten a lot of good hobby support from previous posts, which has helped a lot. I am really looking forward to how the force will look when it is finally together. Now I have to decide what to paint next. Bikes are really high on my list, but I have an itch to paint up a full squad of scouts with Telion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really smooth, very nice. The bases offset the colour-scheme really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really nice! similar contrast from model to base that I have used on my custom chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work. You should be excited. It's rare to see that level of consistency across a whole army. Great job so far, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete